312Go (www.312go.com) combines the knowledge of hundreds of Chicago tour guides, architects, historians and local experts into one mobile app.
All you have to do is move around Chicago, and 312Go’s guide will share stories and facts about the things you pass and the sights you see.
Each circle on the map marks the location of a story or fact. When you pass these locations, you will hear our guide talk to you and tell you where to look and what it is you are looking at. Or you can hear them all simply by touching each location on the screen.
Did you know…
– Navy Pier was a naval training camp during World War II.
– Grant Park was built on Lake Michigan landfill that was created with debris from the Great Chicago Fire.
– Lincoln Park was once the city cemetery.
– A 40-foot submarine was discovered at the bottom of the Chicago River…and no one knows how it got there.
– Celebrity Chef Stephanie Izard named her restaurant Girl & the Goat because her last name is a type of European mountain goat.
– Soldier Field hosted a NASCAR Race in 1956.
– Jeffrey Dahmer picked up his last victim at a bar on Wells Street.
…we will point out all of these places and many, many more as you walk, run, bike or drive around Chicago.
– Audio files triggered automatically by your location and direction of motion
– Audio content created by team of local researchers, writers and guides
– Designed to be used hands-free (No specific routes to follow or text to read)
– Optimized for walkers, runners & bikers
– Tracks and saves your distance, speed & time
– Guide’s friendly voice overlays naturally with user’s music
– New content uploaded weekly (312Go team based in Chicago)
– Recommended for iPhone 4S and later
– Battery life impact similar to using turn-by-turn directions with Apple Maps