Rough Guides’ photographers have been travelling the world for years, their mission to capture the essence of a place, its people, its sights and monuments, its heart and soul. This app showcases the best of what they have seen on their travels: amazing festivals and celebrations; remote paradises; people at work and at play; powerful art and amazing architecture. Overall, their objective has been to document the sheer richness and pleasure of the world at large.
• Be inspired! An evocative gallery of hundreds of Rough Guides amazing photographs.
• Updated with new photographs every few weeks, so each time you open the app, look out for the new pictures.
• Browse the location of all of the images on a map of the world (requires internet connection).
• Each image includes an extended caption, penned by Rough Guides’ team of writers and locally based correspondents, evoking the essence of the picture and the place.
• Share links to specific images with your friends and family via email, Twitter or Facebook.
• Create a list of your favourite images so that they are easy to navigate back to whenever you want.
• Download any of the images as a wallpaper.
• Features a slideshow control that lets you view all the images one after the other.
• If you want to find out more about any of the destinations, there are links to find out more on www.roughguides.com.
This single application can be installed on both the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Rough Guides Limited (“Rough Guides”) World Lens app uses a third-party app service provider (“Omniture”) in order to create accurate, real-time user data reports so that DK can continue to improve the app user experience. The service collects and submits anonymous aggregated data about which app features are being used most frequently as well as your mobile device UDID (unique phone Identifiers) and/or IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identities), which are also anonymised via a secure hashing protocol, to Adobe servers. This information will be used to continually improve the features and functionality that Rough Guides releases in its subsequent versions of its mobile apps.